[Python-Dev] Re: anyone tried Python 2.0 with Tk 8.3.2?

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:59:50 +0200

I wrote:

> doesn't work too well for me -- Tkinter._test() tends to hang
> when I press quit (not every time, though).  the only way to
> shut down the process is to reboot.

hmm.  it looks like it's more likely to hang if the program
uses unicode strings.

    Tkinter._test() hangs about 2 times out of three

    same goes for a simple test program that passes a
    unicode string constant (containing Latin-1 chars)
    to a Label

    the same test program using a Latin-1 string (which,
    I suppose, is converted to Unicode inside Tk) hangs
    in about 1/3 of the runs.

    the same test program with a pure ASCII string
    never hangs...

confusing.

</F>