[Python-Dev] Strange compiler crash in debug builds.

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 01:24:12 -0400 (EDT)

Mark Hammond writes:
 > Is this pointing to a deeper problem, or is the assertion incorrect?

  I expect that there's an incorrect assertion that was fine until one
of the recent grammar changes; the augmented assignment patch is
highly suspect given that it's the most recent.  Look for problems
handling expr_stmt nodes.

 > Does the Linux community ever run with Py_DEBUG defined?  I couldn't even
 > find a simple way to turn it on to confirm it also exists on Linux...

  I don't think I've ever used it, either on Linux or any other Unix.
We should definately have an easy way to turn it on!  Probably at
configure time would be good.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>