[Python-Dev] c.l.p.a -- what needs to be done ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:04:27 +0200

I've asked this question before: when are we going to see
comp.lang.python.announce back online ?

I know that everyone is busy with getting the betas ready,
but looking at www.python.org I find that the "latest"
special announcement is dated 22-Mar-2000. People will get
the false idea that Python isn't moving anywhere... at least
not in the spirit of OSS' "release early and often".

Could someone please summarize what needs to be done to
post a message to comp.lang.python.announce without taking
the path via the official (currently defunct) moderator ?

I've had a look at the c.l.p.a postings and the only special
header they include is the "Approved: fleck@informatik.uni-bonn.de"
header.

If this is all it takes to post to a moderated newsgroup,
fixing Mailman to do the trick should be really simple.

I'm willing to help here to get this done *before* the Python
2.0beta1 announcement.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg