[Python-Dev] Re: If you thought there were too many PEPs...

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:05:10 -0400

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 02:30:53PM -0400, Greg Wilson wrote:
>was that the length of the standard be fixed --- anyone who wanted to add
>a new feature had to identify an existing feature that would be removed
>from the language to make room.  Everyone said, "That's so cool --- but of

Something similar was done with Modula-3, as GvR is probably well
aware; one of the goals was to keep the language spec less than 50
pages.  In the end I think it winds up being a bit larger, but it was
good discipline anyway.

--amk