[Python-Dev] Python 1.6 bug fix strategy

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 06:48:59 -0500

> [Jeremy Hylton]
> > We have gotten several bug reports recently based on 1.6b1.  What
> > plans, if any, are there to fix these bugs before the 1.6 final
> > release?
>
> My understanding is that 1.6final is done, except for plugging in a license;
> i.e., too late even for bugfixes.  If true, "Fixed in 2.0" will soon be a
> popular response to all sorts of things -- unless CNRI intends to do its own
> work on 1.6.

Applying the fix for writelines is easy, and I'll take care of it.

The other patch that jeremy mentioned
(http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470&func=detailbug&bug_id=111403)
has no fix that I know of, is not easily reproduced, and was only
spotted in embedded code, so it might be the submittor's fault.
Without a reproducible test case it's unlikely to get fixed, so I'll
let that one go.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)