[Python-Dev] cPickle

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:12:31 +0200

I just noticed that test_cpickle makes Python crash (with a segmentation
fault) when there is no copy_reg. The funny bit is this:

centurion:~ > ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py test_cpickle
test_cpickle
test test_cpickle skipped --  No module named copy_reg
1 test skipped: test_cpickle

centurion:~ > ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py test_cookie test_cpickle
test_cookie
test test_cookie skipped --  No module named copy_reg
test_cpickle
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I suspect there is a bug in the import code, in the case of failed imports.

Holmes-ly y'rs,
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>