[Python-Dev] Lukewarm about range literals

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:40:39 +0300 (IDT)

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Charles G Waldman wrote:

> I have another idea.  I don't think it's been discussed previously,
> but I came late to this party.  Sorry if this is old hat.
>
> How about a:b to indicate the range starting at a and ending with b-1?

I think it's nice. I'm not sure I like it yet, but it's an interesting
idea. Someone's gonna yell ": is ambiguos". Well, you know how, when
you know Python, you go around telling people "() don't create tuples,
commas do" and feeling all wonderful? Well, we can do the same with
ranges <wink>.

(:)-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>