[Python-Dev] Problem reloading mx.DateTime in PyApache

Jonathan LaCour jal@ns1.quickrecord.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:17:17 -0400 (EDT)

Well, it appears that this version raises a different problem. Do I need
to be running anything higher than python-1.5.2?  Possibly this has
something to do with how I installed this pre-release.  I simply moved
the old DateTime directory out of the site-packages directory, and
then moved the mx, and DateTime directories from the zip that was
provided into the site-packages directory, and restarted. Here is the
traceback from the apache error log:

patientSearchResults.py failed for 192.168.168.130, reason: the script
raised an unhandled exception. Script's traceback follows:
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/httpd/html/py-bin/patientSearchResults.py", line 3, in ?
    import ODBC.Solid
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ODBC/__init__.py", line 21, in ?
    import DateTime # mxDateTime package must be installed first !
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/DateTime/__init__.py", line 17,
in ?
    from mx.DateTime import *
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mx/DateTime/__init__.py", line
20, in ?    from DateTime import *
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mx/DateTime/DateTime.py", line 8,
in ?
    from mxDateTime import *
  File
"/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/__init__.py",
line 12, in ?
    setnowapi(time.time)
NameError: setnowapi