[Python-Dev] Re: [PEP 224] Attribute Docstrings

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:10:25 +0200

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 03:43:23PM -0500, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> The "inspect" module (see http://www.lfw.org/python/) handles this nicely.

[snip example]

> I suggested "inspect.py" for the standard library quite some time ago
> (long before the feature freeze, and before ascii.py, which has since
> made it in).  MAL responded pretty enthusiastically
> (http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-July/013511.html).
> Could i request a little more feedback from others?

Looks fine to me, would fit nicely in with the other introspective things we
already have (dis, profile, etc) -- but wasn't it going to be added to the
'help' (or what was it) stdlib module ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>