[Python-Dev] Release deadline looming (patches by Aug. 31)

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:34:14 -0400 (EDT)

[Apologies for the short notice here; this was lost in a BeOpen mail
server for about 24 hours.]

We are still on schedule to release 2.0b1 on Sept. 5 (Tuesday).  There
are a few outstanding items that we need to resolve.  In order to
leave time for the admistrivia necessary to produce a release, we will
need to have a code freeze soon.

Guido says that typically, all the patches should be in two days
before the release.  The two-day deadline may be earlier than
expected, because Monday is a holiday in the US and at BeOpen.  So two
days before the release is midnight Thursday.

That's right.  All patches need to be completed by Aug. 31 at
midnight.  If this deadline is missed, the change won't make it into
2.0b1.

If you've got bugs assigned to you with a priority higher than 5,
please try to take a look at them before the deadline.

Jeremy