[Python-Dev] lookdict

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 00:32:50 +0200 (CEST)

I'd like to request some clarifications on the recently checked
dict patch. How it is supposed to work and why is this solution okay?

What's the exact purpose of the 2nd string specialization patch?

Besides that, I must say that now the interpreter is noticeably slower
and MAL and I were warning you kindly about this code, which was
fine tuned over the years. It is very sensible and was optimized to death.
The patch that did make it was labeled "not ready" and I would have
appreciated another round of review. Not that I disagree, but now I feel
obliged to submit another patch to make some obvious perf improvements
(at least), which simply duplicates work... Fred would have done them
very well, but I haven't had the time to say much about the implementation
because the laconic discussion on the Patch Manager went about
functionality.

Now I'd like to bring this on python-dev and see what exactly happened
to lookdict and what the BeOpen team agreed on regarding this function.

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr