[Python-Dev] PEP 231, __findattr__()

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 05:31:18 +0200

> I'm still catching up on several hundred emails over the weekend.  I
> had a sneaking suspicion that infindattr wasn't thread-safe, so I'm
> convinced this is a bug in the implementation.  One approach might be
> to store the info in the thread state object

I don't think this is a good idea -- continuations and coroutines might
mess it up. Maybe the right thing is to mess with the *compilation* of
__findattr__ so that it would call __setattr__ and __getattr__ with
special flags that stop them from calling __findattr__? This is
ugly, but I can't think of a better way.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.