[Python-Dev] Codec aliasing and naming

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:38:20 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Perhaps someone could add a note about this possibility
> > to the codec docs ?!
>
> You can check it in yourself or mail it to Fred or submit it to SF...
> I don't expect anyone else will jump in and document this properly.

I'll submit a bug report so that this doesn't get lost in
the archives. Don't have time for it myself... alas, noone
really does seem to have time these days ;-)

> > If noone objects, I'll apply the patch for the enhanced alias
> > support later today.
>
> Fine with me (but I don't use codecs -- where's the Dutch language
> support? :-).

OK.

About the Dutch language support: this would make a nice
Christmas fun-project... a new standard module which interfaces
to babel.altavista.com (hmm, they don't list Dutch as a supported
language yet, but maybe if we bug them enough... ;).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg