[Python-Dev] Splitting up _cursesmodule

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:22:24 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:41:54 -0800, Neil Schemenauer <nas@arctrix.com> wrote:

> I don't think that is a very safe bet.  Python 2.0 missed the
> Debian Potato boat.

By a long time -- potato was frozen for a few months when 2.0 came out.

>  I have no idea when Woody is expected to be
> released but I expect it may take longer than that if history is
> any indication.

My bet is that woody starts freezing as soon as 2.4.0 is out.
Note that once it starts freezing, 2.1 doesn't have a shot
of getting in, regardless of how long it takes to freeze.
OTOH, since in woody time there's a good chance for the "testing"
distribution, a lot more people would be running something
that *can* and *will* upgrade to 2.1 almost as soon as it is
out.
(For the record, most of the Debian users I know run woody on
their server)
--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.