[Python-Dev] new draft of PEP 227

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:32:58 +0100

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> I've got a new draft of PEP 227.  The terminology and wording are more
> convoluted than they need to be.  I'll do at least one revision just
> to say things more clearly, but I'd appreciate comments on the
> proposed spec if you can read the current draft.

The PEP doesn't mention the problems I pointed out about
breaking the lookup schemes w/r to symbols in methods, classes
and globals.

Please add a comment about this to the PEP + maybe the example
I gave in one the posts to python-dev about it. I consider
the problem serious enough to limit the nested scoping
to lambda functions (or functions in general) only if that's
possible.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg