[Python-Dev] PEP 226

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 02:57:01 -0500

[Martin v. Loewis]
> - move the schedule for Python 2.1 back (or is it forward?) by, say, a
>   few month. This will people give some time to do the things that did
>   not get the right amount of attention during 2.0 release, and will
>   still allow to work on new and interesting features.

Just a stab in the dark, but is one of your real concerns the spotty state
of Unicode support in the std libraries?  If so, nobody working on the PEPs
Guido identified would be likely to work on improving Unicode support even
if the PEPs vanished.  I don't know how Unicode support is going to improve,
but in the absence of visible work in that direction-- or even A Plan to get
some --I doubt we're going to hold up 2.1 waiting for magic.

no-feature-is-ever-done-ly y'rs  - tim