[Python-Dev] Error: syncmail script missing

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 01:08:14 -0500

I just checked in the documentation for the warnings module.  (Check
it out!)

When I ran "cvs commit" in the Doc directory, it said, amongst other
things:

    sh: /cvsroot/python/CVSROOT/syncmail: No such file or directory

I suppose this may be a side effect of the transition to new hardware
of the SourceForge CVS archive.  (Which, by the way, has dramatically
improved the performance of typical CVS operations -- I am no longer
afraid to do a cvs diff or cvs log in Emacs, or to do a cvs update
just to be sure.)

Could some of the Powers That Be (Fred or Barry :-) check into what
happened to the syncmail script?