[Python-Dev] Re: [Patches] [Patch #102813] _cursesmodule: Add panel support

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:31:21 -0500 (EST)

Thomas Wouters writes:
 > Hm, I must have missed this... Is 'new style' the preferred style, as its
 > name suggests, or is Guido mounting a rebellion to adhere to the One True
 > Style (or rather his own version of it, which just has the * in pointer
 > type declarations wrong ? :)

  Guido has grudgingly granted that new code in the "New style" is
acceptable, mostly because many people complain that "Guido style"
causes too much code to get scrunched up on the right margin.  The
"New style" is more like the recommendations for Python code as well,
so it's easier for Python programmers to read (Tabs are hard to read
clearly! ;).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>