[Python-Dev] FAQ Horribly Out Of Date

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 02:19:50 -0800

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 02:33:30AM +0200, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> On a related note, what is the current status of the PSA? Is it officially
> dead?

The PSA was always kind of a (legal) fiction with the basic intent to help
provide some funding for Python development. Since that isn't occurring at
CNRI any more, the PSA is a bit moot. There was always some idea that maybe
the PSA would be the "sponsor" (and possibly the beneficiary) of the
conferences. That wasn't ever really formalized either.

>From the Consortium meeting back in July, when we spoke with Bob Kahn and Al
Vezza, I recall that they agreed the PSA was moot now.

So while I can't say it is "officially dead", it is fair to say that it is
dead for all intents and purposes. There is little motivation or purpose for
it at this point in time.

Cheers,
-g

--