[Python-Dev] Python 1.6 timing

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:56:43 -0500 (EST)

    Guido> The README is checked into the CVS.  For the web page I
    Guido> will gladly accept patches to the HTML.

I'm willing to put the entire python.org web site under CVS.  This
would at least make it easier for others to send us patches to the .ht
files against the latest revisions.  Is there any interest in this?
It wouldn't take me long.

    Guido> Or is there a better idea?  Should I forward all patches I
    Guido> get to python-dev?  To a separate list?

Probably a separate list.  xemacs.org runs a xemacs-patches mailing
list with a replybot on it that scans for patches.  It sends back a
different response based on whether it finds a patch or not.  Then
there's a group of lieutenants that keep an eye on the patches and
work out their applicability.  We could set something like that up
fairly easily.

-Barry