[Python-Dev] Python 1.6 timing

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 21:03:45 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> I'm willing to put the entire python.org web site under CVS.  This
> would at least make it easier for others to send us patches to the .ht
> files against the latest revisions.  Is there any interest in this?
> It wouldn't take me long.

Ummmm...would this be the wrong time to ask how the redesign contest is
going on?

> Probably a separate list.  xemacs.org runs a xemacs-patches mailing
> list with a replybot on it that scans for patches.  It sends back a
> different response based on whether it finds a patch or not.  Then
> there's a group of lieutenants that keep an eye on the patches and
> work out their applicability.  We could set something like that up
> fairly easily.

A definite aye vote, though perhaps that's an overkill. As long as we're
comparing other Free Software projects, let me just note that on
linux-kernel, patches are part of the regular discussion. Whoever feels
like it, runs a modified kernel, and reports the result. Patches are then
chosen (in part) by the responses of people who have tried them out -- a
very good QA mechanism. Just to brainstorm about the process.

--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.