[Python-Dev] Python 1.6 timing

bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:14:52 -0500 (EST)

    MZ> Ummmm...would this be the wrong time to ask how the redesign
    MZ> contest is going on?

It isn't, AFAICT.  I had two people come up to me at the conference
and ask a few questions, with a promise to have something "soon".  I
had one other person email me a few weeks before the conference.  But
we've seen nothing, so I'm not very hopeful.

    MZ> A definite aye vote, though perhaps that's an overkill. As
    MZ> long as we're comparing other Free Software projects, let me
    MZ> just note that on linux-kernel, patches are part of the
    MZ> regular discussion. Whoever feels like it, runs a modified
    MZ> kernel, and reports the result. Patches are then chosen (in
    MZ> part) by the responses of people who have tried them out -- a
    MZ> very good QA mechanism. Just to brainstorm about the process.

Mine's just one vote, but I really do not want to see patches floated
on python-dev.

-Barry