[Python-Dev] patches reply-to (was: Python 1.6 timing)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:35:20 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us wrote:
>     MZ> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us wrote:
>
>     >> Mine's just one vote, but I really do not want to see patches
>     >> floated on python-dev.
>
>     MZ> How 'bout a seperate list with a Reply-To: python-dev?
>
> That would work for me.  I need to hack Mailman a little to add this
> feature, but it could be done.

Note that I requested this feature for Mailman a while back. I'd like to
use it for the "checkin" mailing lists that I run. Send to checkins,
respond to the discussion list. Currently, my CVS automailer just inserts
a Reply-To:, but it would be nice to have it directly on the mailing list
itself. (view it more as a Followup-To: for mailers, rather than Reply-To
munging)

In this particular case, I think the "patches mailing list" would be a
self-contained list discussing a *patch*. Sure, it could certainly migrate
to python-dev when appropriate, but I think the majority of the discussion
should stay on the patches list. Otherwise, we'd just be spamming the -dev
list as if the patches list didn't exist.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/