[Python-Dev] win32 specific exception in the core?

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 01:42:16 -0500

[Mark Hammond]
> As part of the registry work, Im toying with the idea of a
> standard "win32 exception" error in the Python core.

Sounds good to me, but if & only if it's a subclass of OSError (why?
because nothing else makes sense <wink>).  I added UnboundLocalError as a
subclass of NameError (in the CVS tree), so you can mimic what that did.
IIRC, for the benefit of the old "string-based exceptions" option hack,
UnboundLocalError reverts to NameError if class-based exceptions are
disabled ...