[Python-Dev] win32 specific exception in the core?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:07:12 -0500 (EST)

    MZ> Don't think of it as "-X", think of it as "could not find
    MZ> exceptions.py, reverting to string exceptions" (or whatever
    MZ> the error message is). Be sure it won't change to "could not
    MZ> find exceptions.py, I don't think I feel like running"

Absolutely.  If string-based standard exceptions are removed for 1.6,
we need a fool-proof way of getting exceptions.py.  Remember, my first
attempt at this stuff made that Python code a BACS[*] that got
exec'd.  I'm sure there are better ways of doing that now, and I think
exceptions.py has settled down enough to warrant cooling it for 1.6.

-Barry

[*] Big Ass C String