[Python-Dev] win32 specific exception in the core?

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 00:26:55 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Gordon McMillan wrote:

> Hmmm, well I can't find exceptions.py mentioned specifically.
> But I do find the BDFL advocating writing as much as possible
> of the start-up code in Python (eg, the equivalent of getpath.c)
> and freezing it in. In his absence, it makes sense for us to
> include exceptions.py in that statement <wink>.

Of course then you have a bootstapping issue (how to write the first
interpreter. Probably, need some C code to get it started: but that
C code would only be used in compiling the interpreter, not in the
interpreter that gets installed...)
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
INTERNET: Learn what you know.