[Python-Dev] win32 specific exception in the core?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:39:03 +0100

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Absolutely.  If string-based standard exceptions are removed for 1.6,
> we need a fool-proof way of getting exceptions.py.  Remember, my first
> attempt at this stuff made that Python code a BACS[*] that got
> exec'd.  I'm sure there are better ways of doing that now, and I think
> exceptions.py has settled down enough to warrant cooling it for 1.6.

let's just make it a built-in module.  I have a 95% complete
"exceptions.c" implementation somewhere.  I'll take a look.

(for more info, cc effbot@telia.com.  GvR won't
add the effbot to this list before SRE is finished ;-)

</F>