[Python-Dev] doc patch handling (was: patch handling (which was Python 1.6 timing

Peter Funk pf@artcom-gmbh.de
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:12:14 +0100 (MET)

Hi all!

First sorry for the intrusion, since I'm not subscribed to this list.
I've takeen the opportunity to review the discussion via the pipermail archive
and now have a small annotation:

AFAIK Fred L. Drake does the actual work on the /Doc sub tree.  There is a
list python-docs@python.org which should be used for comments (patches?)
on the Python documentation.

A week ago I submitted several small patches to this address and one
of them found its way into the CVS immediately, where the other patches
were ignored or delayed?  I don't know. (May be bad english? I'm no native
speaker)  However the new patch submission guide lines on python.org are fine.

But additionally the page should point out, *where* to submit patches
for the documentation subtree: Either to patches@python.org
or to python-docs@python.org as before.  It should definitely be the same
address, which will be referenced by the mailto:-links on each
page of the upcoming Python-1.6-HTML-documentation.

Regards from Germany and have nice weekend, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, 27777 Ganderkesee, Tel: 04222 9502 70, Fax: -60