[Python-Dev] Whither cursesmodule?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:39:24 -0500 (EST)

Guido van Rossum writes:
>> 3) Split the curses module out of the standard distribution, and
>>    distribute it separately; users then download the plain or ncurses
>>    version as they see fit.

>I vote for #3 -- I have zero interest in curses, and it is probably
>better off having its own website, Vaults of Parnassus entry, etc.,
>than being in the core and utterly unmaintained.  (Also note that long

Fine.  I'll post to c.l.p and ask if anyone wants to maintain it.  If
no one expresses an interest, I'll happily wrap the module up neatly
and put it someplace (python.org?  my Starship pages?
www.mems-exchange.org?).  But I'm *not* interested in maintaining the
plain curses module in future.

[John] Dalton's records, carefully preserved for a century, were destroyed
during the World War II bombing of Manchester. It is not only the living who
are killed in war.
    -- Isaac Asimov