[Python-Dev] Python Tools/

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:55:04 +0100

I was just looking through the Tools dir of the CVS version
(looking for a tool which autoexpands tabs in Python source
files -- which I didn't find) and found some other useful scripts
along the way.

To my surprise these executable files did not have a .py
extension even though were Python source files. Is this
intended ? I find that scripts like "world" provide useful
information which would be nice to have in the standard
lib -- with .py extension...

Other tidbits:

I noted that at least in my CVS tree the Tools/ht2html
dir does not include any executable: have I missed something ?

The script Tools/scripts/parseentities.py is not executable
for some reason.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg