[Python-Dev] Python 1.6 timing

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:38:24 -0500

[Christopher Petrilli]
> Heck, Python is infinately more conservative in its
> numbering than a lot of projects.  All that was mentioned
> would normally be enough to call it 2.0 easily. :-)  Modesty
> can be counter productive in PR  business...

Indeed, where I work a number of managers met the suggestion to use Python
1.5.x with "what?! we don't want to use software that's barely out of alpha
release -- besides, Perl is already on release 5".  I hear that Guido got
normal American glasses -- time to do normal American hyperinflated version
numbering too.

heck-ms-windows-will-soon-be-at-version-2000<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim