[Python-Dev] proper CVS usage is a must! (was: CVS: python/dist/src/Objects unicodeobject.c,2.31,2.32)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:32:24 -0700

On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 04:53:31PM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > Why was the change that occurred in revision 2.31 reverted?  Accident?
> >
> > The change log said:
> > Jack Jansen: Use include "" instead of <>; and staticforward declarations
>
> Accident... I'll revert that change.

This is symptomatic of people not being careful with their CVS usage.

*ALWAYS* do a "cvs update" before any commits. If the file has changed while
you're working on it, CVS will merge the changes in with yours. You will be
notified if there were any conflicts.

But this is a MUST. We've seen this reversal of changes twice now. Only
through the careful eye of some -checkins watchers has that fact turned up.
If those people weren't watching, we'd be lost.

If you're going to commit changes to Python, then please take the
responsibility to use CVS correctly.

Thanks!
-g

--