[Python-Dev] Sorry. No Release.

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 05:07:28 +0200 (CEST)

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I can't say how disappointed I am: at the very last moment I have
> heard that I am not allowed to release Python 2.0b1 on July 1 as
> planned.  Some last-minute issues have come up regarding the licensing
> from CNRI.  BeOpen is going to resolve these issues as soon as
> possible, but it could be weeks...

Doh.
The premature 2.0 release excitement died prematurely <wink>

> In the mean time, I thank everybody who worked very hard to make this
> release a success.  We will continue to work on the SourceForge CVS
> repository as before.  There will be a 2.0 release as soon as
> possible!

Maybe it would be good to think about and define a short-term plan of
action, given that we'll have a "major" release and that now we have
some more time, cf. the previous discussion on the subject.

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr