[Python-Dev] unicode alphanumerics

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 19:13:51 +0200

mal wrote:
> >     Py_UNICODE_ISLOWER ||
> >     Py_UNICODE_ISUPPER ||
> >     Py_UNICODE_ISTITLE ||
> >     Py_UNICODE_ISDIGIT
>=20
> This will give you all cased chars along with all digits;
> it ommits the non-cased ones.

but of course...

> It's a good start, but probably won't cover the full range
> of letters + numbers.
>=20
> Perhaps we need another table for isalpha in unicodectype.c ?
> (Or at least one which defines all non-cased letters.)

+1 from me (SRE needs this, and it doesn't really make much
sense to add unicode tables to SRE just because the built-in
ones are slightly incomplete...)

how about this plan:

-- you add a Py_UNICODE_ALPHA to unicodeobject.h asap,
   which does exactly that (or I can do that, if you prefer).
   (and maybe even a Py_UNICODE_ALNUM)

-- I change SRE to use that asap.

-- you, I, or someone else add a better implementation,
   some other day.

</F>