[Python-Dev] test coverage summaries - now updated nightly

Sat, 1 Jul 2000 13:54:40 -0500 (CDT)

I've spent amount as much time on generating automated statement and branch
coverage as I can afford for the next few days.  At this point I think I
have it generating a reasonable facsimile of useful output.

A cron job on www.musi-cal.com does the following early each morning (4:45AM
Pacific time):

    make clean
    cvs update
    config.status --recheck
    make python with gcov flags
    make test > testresults.txt
    generate coverage pages (lines.html & branches.html)

The relevant output files on the web server are

    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/python/Python/dist/src/lines.html
    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/python/Python/dist/src/branches.html
    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/python/Python/dist/src/testresults.txt

A couple shell scripts do all the dirty work for now:

    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/python/Python/dist/src/gencoverage
    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/python/Python/dist/src/gencoverage1

I may put an index.html file in there just to provide a little cover for the
directory tree.  I'll also enable a couple more modules in Modules/Setup.

Skip