[Python-Dev] test coverage summaries - now updated nightly

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 10:49:53 +1000

> I've spent amount as much time on generating automated statement
> and branch
> coverage as I can afford for the next few days.  At this point I think I
> have it generating a reasonable facsimile of useful output.

This is very cool.

It would be great if there was some sort of "multi-platform" support, and a
merging of the results.

My idea here is so modules such as "mmapmodule" can give a better
indication of the true test coverage.  Your data shows this test at less
than 50% - probably mainly due to the #ifdef MS_WIN32 blocks.  If we merged
a coverage of a Windows run against this same file, we would have an
excellent basis for ensuring that the Python test suite did indeed hit as
much as we could make it.

This is longer term of course.

Along the same vein is the Mozilla "tinderbox".  It appears they have a job
that starts a complete rebuild and test suite run every time a checkin is
made to the CVS tree.  A Web page shows the progress of each of the
platforms (including some nice flaming images when the build or test suite
is broken.)  http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=SeaMonkey

Mark.