[Python-Dev] Application for developer status

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 08:45:16 -0400

May I have developer status on the SourceForge CVS, please?  I maintain
two standard-library modules (shlex and netrc) and have been involved
with the development of several others (including Cmd, smtp, httplib, and
multifile).

My only immediate plan for what to do with developer access is to add
the browser-launch capability previously discussed on this list.  My
general interest is in improving the standard class library,
especially in the areas of Internet-protocol support (urllib, ftp,
telnet, pop, imap, smtp, nntplib, etc.) and mini-language toolkits and
frameworks (shlex. netrc, Cmd, ConfigParser).

If the Internet-protocol support in the library were broken out as a
development category, I would be willing to fill the patch-handler
slot for it.
--

See, when the GOVERNMENT spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money
is left in the hands of TAXPAYERS, God only knows what they do with it.  Bake