[Python-Dev] Application for developer status

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 11:52:31 -0400

Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>:
> As an aside: I would be pumpld about getting a generic lexer into the
> Python distribution. Greg Ewing was working on one and there are various
> others out there.
> http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Plex/

Yes, this would be a good thing.  I'm also talking with John Aycock about
his elegant SPARK toolkit for generating Earley-algorithm parsers.  Once that
comes out of beta, I would consider it a core-library candidate.
--

No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather
startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much