[Python-Dev] Making -tt the default

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 02:06:43 -0400

[Tim, fails to channel David]

[David Ascher]
> You can't channel me, eh?  Loser.

Oh, indeed yes!  No more than two hours before, I failed Guido too, by
failing to guess one of the passwords I needed to do something he commanded
me to do.  My myth of omniscience was much easier to maintain at a distance
<wink>.

> Ok, I'll keep an eye out and see if I can reproduce what I'm doing wrong.
> Sorry for just complaining and not giving people a chance to fix
> whatever it is I'm doing wrong =).

It occurs to me that I had Emacs set up (in my own .emacs) to never ever use
literal tab characters.  That may go a way in explaining why pymode never
generated ambiguous indentation for me!

I suppose you can also get in trouble by editing *other* peoples' code
containing a mix of tabs and spaces.  So never do that either.

heck-give-up-computers-and-get-an-honest-job-ly y'rs  - tim