[Python-Dev] Make _GNU_SOURCE default for gcc ?!

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 13:49:03 +0200

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> >
> > mal wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, so how about adding
> > >
> > > #define _XOPEN_SOURCE
> > >
> > > to Python.h ?
> >
> > digging through my old notes, it should be:
> >
> > /* force susv2 compatibility, where available */
> > #define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500
> >
> > IIRC, Guido agreed that this was a good idea, so what
> > are we waiting for?  If it doesn't break the build on your
> > Linux box, just go ahead and check it in!
>
> Ok.

Hmm, with "#define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500" I get these (new) errors:

./posixmodule.c: In function `posix_tmpnam':
./posixmodule.c:3494: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

./signalmodule.c:83: `SIGMAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
./signalmodule.c:83: size of array `Handlers' has non-integer type

Both errors can only be fixed using __USE_MISC:

   __USE_MISC           Define things common to BSD and System V Unix.

It is defined when either _BSD_SOURCE or _SVID_SOURCE is
defined... question is: which to use ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg