[Python-Dev] Make _GNU_SOURCE default for gcc ?!

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 16:03:37 +0200

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> mal wrote:
> > Hmm, with "#define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500" I get these (new) errors:
> >
> > ./posixmodule.c: In function `posix_tmpnam':
> > ./posixmodule.c:3494: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
> without a cast
>
> looks like a bug in the header files; SUSv2 says that
> this should be defined in stdio.h...

The header files on my machine only define tmpnam_r in
case __USE_MISC is true. The latter is defined for either
BSD or SysV compatibility, yet not by _XOPEN_SOURCE.

> > ./signalmodule.c:83: `SIGMAX' undeclared here (not in a function)
> > ./signalmodule.c:83: size of array `Handlers' has non-integer type
>
> but this one is stranger; as far as I can tell, SIGMAX is not
> part of SUSv2 at all.  and what's worse, I cannot find any
> suitable replacement.

I guess we should patch signalmodule.c to fall back to _NSIG
instead of trying SIGMAX.

I'll check in a fix later today.

> does it work better if you just define _XOPEN_SOURCE, without any
> specific value?

Same errors.

> or maybe you should just add _GNU_SOURCE to make
> it work on your box.  I promise to play with this on our Unix boxes,
> but not today...

Ok.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg