[Python-Dev] Making the CVS tree pass the -Wall test...

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 01:51:07 -0400

[M.-A. Lemburg]
> While fiddling around with the _GNU_SOURCE define I found
> that there are several warnings left in the current CVS
> version which should be removed, I guess.
>
> Here's the list I get from compiling the tree using -Wall
> grouped by C file:

So long as any warnings remain, would you please repost the list from time
to time?  There's no need to group them by file.

> ./pypcre.c:4524: warning: variable `start_bits' might be
> clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
> ./pypcre.c:4525: warning: variable `start_match' might be
> clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'

These are often a PITA to fix:  gcc does brain-dead flow analysis, and this
particular msg is almost always bogus as a result.  There are several open
bugs filed against gcc on this (I know because one of them is mine <wink>).
The others look straightforward to fix (on a first scan).