[Python-Dev] Make _GNU_SOURCE default for gcc ?!

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 19:12:31 +0200

Vladimir Marangozov wrote:

> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> >
> > I've added some ifdefs just to make sure. This is how my
> > Python.h file looks now:

> > See the file "Misc/COPYRIGHT" for information on usage and
> > redistribution of this file, and for a DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES.
> > ******************************************************************/
> >
> > /* Enable compiler features including SUSv2 compatibility; switching
> >    on C lib defines doesn't work here, because the symbols haven't
> >    necessarily been defined yet. */
> > #ifndef _GNU_SOURCE
> > # define _GNU_SOURCE  1
> > #endif
> > #ifndef _XOPEN_SOURCE
> > # define _XOPEN_SOURCE        500
> > #endif
>
> Typically this should go to a new file -- pyport.h, suggested by Greg,
> included at the top of Python.h (and which allows to cleanup the
> HAVE_LIMITS_H define and others). We may introduce subsequently pyport.c
> if needed.
>
> Anything wrong with this? Opinions?

Fine with me... I'd name it pyportability.h like Greg suggested,
though.

Note that the above is already checked into CVS (and the first
bug related to it has shown up too; also fixed in CVS).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg