[Python-Dev] list comprehensions again...

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 19:42:24 -0500

> Was there a public announcement made about new functionality for
> 2.0?

Yes, there's something on http://pythonlabs.com/tech/python2.html.  We
currently can't commit to a release schedule due to the problems with
CNRI.

> I had
> submitted list comprehensions to the old 1.6 cycle, and it was being held to
> the now never-to-be 1.7.  Are we in feature freeze for 2.0 at this point?

That's up for debate.  Reversing our usual good-cop-bad-cop roles, Tim
Peters is for a feature freeze while I am for adding more features to
2.0 to make it stand apart. :-)

> I can do one of three things:
>
>     * commit the changes I have currently against the CVS repository
>
>     * bundle up another patch for people to examine and comment on
>
>     * shut up and go do something more useful

It's not wise to commit changes without agreement on whether they
should be applied...  Anyway, the patches are currently in Tim Peters'
court.

Are your changes different from what's already in the patch manager
for list comprehensions?  If so, you should probably upload a revised
patch...

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)