[Python-Dev] USE_STACKCHECK/PyOS_CheckStack

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 22:00:18 -0500

> Twice in ceval.c, and once in object.c, there's code referencing
> PyOS_CheckStack under the control of the preprocessor symbol USE_STACKCHECK.
> There's nothing in the std distribution that could possibly define either of
> those names.  Why are they there?  If nobody objects, I'll get rid of this
> code!

They are there for the Mac code, which has its own config.h.  The Mac
distribution is maintained separately by Jack Jansen.  There are
occasional compromises in the main source code for the Mac port, and
this is one.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)