[Python-Dev] list comprehensions again...

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 00:25:58 -0400

[Skip Montanaro]
> Well, how about taking a baseline snapshot now and branching the
> tree (I can almost hear Barry groaning all the way in Chicago...)?
> I know branching is a struggle, probably not helped by the addition of the
> SourceForge stuff to the mix, but it might work out here.

That's exactly the kind of redirection of effort that a feature freeze is
imposed to prevent.  Even talking about it takes time away from work that
*needs* to be completed for the release.

OTOH, if the release is months away anyway, there's no need for a fork
<wink>.