[Python-Dev] list comprehensions again...

Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:12:31 -0400

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 11:53:12PM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>Barry A. Warsaw writes:
> > Think of all the new features added in 1.5.2 (a /micro/ release for
> > gawds' sake).  In retrospect, that was nutty.
>  Are you saying we should re-label that 1.6?  That may prove...
>convenient.  ;)

I've been privately wondering about making a new tarball of 1.5.2 that
simply adds the Lib/distutils/ subdirectory and installs it, so people
who don't want to risk the jump to 2.0 can still get the nice
Distutils features.  The problem is that it would take substantial
willpower to only make that change; the temptation would be great to
fix just this one really annoying bug, oh, and this little feature
wouldn't break anything, and ...

--amk