[Python-Dev] c.l.py.a revival

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:23:41 -0400 (EDT)

  AMK> While waiting for word of a 2.0b1 release, what about
  AMK> continuing to attempt to revive c.l.python.announce?  Last I
  AMK> remember, it was suggested to add Guido as a moderator so he
  AMK> could in turn delegate handling of messages to someone else.
  AMK> Was any progress ever made with this?

I believe the desired solution was actually to use the python-announce
mailing list to moderate the newsgroup.  The current moderator
sketched the desired setup, which involved setting up the mailing list
moderation software to add the headers that indicated it was approved
by the newsgroup moderators.

I believe this is still on Barry's plate -- along with too many other
things for me to count, but at least not bibimbap or doji bulgogi.

Jeremy