[Python-Dev] Python release delay

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:31:40 -0400 (EDT)

This isn't an official statement, but I hope it will clarify our plans
and how they relate to CNRI's plans.

CNRI plans to issue a 1.6 release.  PythonLabs is still planning to
issue a Python 2.0 release, almost surely following the 1.6 release.
The current CVS repository contains what will be the 2.0 release.
Please use the current mechanisms for contributing to our release --
the SF patch manager, the old Python bug database, etc.

I'm not sure how you can contribute to Python 1.6, since CNRI is
ultimately responsible for it.  We will probably assist them, but I'm
not sure how.  You may want to inquire about the license that Python
1.6 will be released under.  In the absence of a better place to
direct inquires, you could try webmaster@python.org.  This address
will reach someone at CNRI, who can probably direct you to the right
person.

Jeremy