[Python-Dev] CVS: python/dist/src/Include pyport.h,NONE,2.1 Python.h,2.21,2.22 longintrepr.h,2.8,2.9

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 02:55:07 -0700

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 09:17:24PM -0700, Tim Peters wrote:
> #ifndef Py_PYPORT_H
> #define Py_PYPORT_H 1
>
> /**************************************************************************
> Symbols and macros to supply platform-independent interfaces to basic
> C-language operations whose spellings vary across platforms.
>
> Please try to make documentation here as clear as possible:  by definition,
> the stuff here is trying to illuminate C's darkest corners.
>
> Config #defines referenced here:
>
> SIGNED_RIGHT_SHIFT_ZERO_FILLS
> Meaning:  To be defined iff i>>j does not extend the sign bit when i is a
>           signed integral type and i < 0.
> Used in:  Py_ARITHMETIC_RIGHT_SHIFT

Note that it would be nice for pyport.h to *also* contain all the
Include/my* stuff. i.e. it isn't just about C-language operations, but also
about the (un)available libraries.

IOW, stop the propagation of my* and drop those tweaky things into pyport.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/